A Light unto England Manchester

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Week 46-Manchester England-Manchester

Hi Family!

I forgot to mention that Monday was a bank holiday and yesterday we went on a church history tour for our Zone Conference. So that is why I am emailing you today.

Last week was a tough one. The week was definitely harder on Elder Suss than on me. He became frustrated with things falling through. It doesn't hinder me anymore. I was rather bold and expressed to him that you're going to have days like this (quite often) and you're going to have to get through it. Elder Suss speaks good English but is having a difficult time understanding it. It has put me in the position to take a lot of load in finding and teaching situations. We have been working on everything together in companionship study and he is improving very well. I feel I am doing my best to help him become and develop patience. Nothing to worry about at all family :) it is just how missionary life is. Just pray for him to develop more faith, patience, and recognize the Spirit.

We tried to get a hold of Julian, we went by his home yesterday but he unfortunately wasn't in. Pray that we get in contact with him.

We have had successful experiences regardless, however. We have taught lessons this week to other investigators. It is all a matter of having these people increase their knowledge and application on the first principle of the gospel: Faith in Jesus Christ.

We also had a great experience yesterday teaching a family of three yesterday. We tracted into them on Sunday afternoon and met the wife/mother named Denice is an inactive member. Her husband Norman and son Sam joined in on the lesson as well. We were truly able to teach to their needs. We had a great discussion on the nature of God, recognizing the Spirit through prayer, and our Heavenly Father's plan for us.

Denise brought up in the discussion the doctrine of becoming like our Heavenly Father. She agrees with and finds the doctrine wonderful. I felt impressed to hold on to that particular point due to the fact they had blatantly declined the invitation to attend church with us the Sunday before. I expressed the brilliance and love of this principle. I told them that no doctrine is more simple or basic than man can become as his Maker. If we are children of our Heavenly Father, why can we not progress and become as He is? It is the same way here on earth, why not in Heaven? No other church offers that. Our Church offers this expression of Deity in greater amounts more than any other church: that is love. No one else's a plan to salvation offers as much love as than that of Christ's restored gospel. Life is about progressing to become. The scriptures teach us that we learn "line upon line, precept upon precept." As Joseph Smith said that the principles of the gospel are like taking one step at a time on a ladder, so is our way to and through eternal progression and happiness.

Denice than expressed to me that what I told her had a profound influence on her. The presence of the Spirit was there as both Elder Suss and I testified of truth to them. Although they were opposed to coming to church, they did accept the invitation to read and pray about the Book of Mormon after Denice's comments. We are very much looking forward to helping them accept invitations on our next visit.

The Church History Tour was fantastic. We went to Liverpool, Preston, and Downham village. Great things happened at these places and I wish that I had the time to tell you but unfortunately I do not.


I loved the letters you wrote. It touched to read your studies and experiences you had this week as always. Talk to you on Monday!

Love,
Cameron

No comments:

Post a Comment