A Light unto England Manchester

Monday, July 25, 2011

Week 42-Manchester England-Manchester

Dear family,

My flat address is: 17 Mellor Street
Stretford, Manchester
M32 0PP
England

I'll begin with my interview with President Preston. It was more of a "get to know me" interview so nothing too major. He has a lot of love about him. He is always smiling and is very sincere. He is definitely very English as well. He asked me about what I have thought about my mission and what I have learned. I expressed that my mission has changed me in every aspect. I told him the most important things I have learned thus far were from President Bullock and the concept of becoming. It went very well and we have a good relationship now from the get-go.

I miracle we saw this week was teaching a less-active named Dan Campbell. He has struggled to come to church for a long while due to personal circumstances. He understands the gospel very well and knows its principles. We taught him twice this past week. Those might be the some of the most spirtual lessons I have had on my mission.

The first visit, he asked for a blessing with a certain illness. I sealed the annointing and gave the blessing. It was a sacred experience to have the words given to me in my mind and heart to what I should say. I was rather bold in what I felt impressed to say. I remember specifics of saying that Dan has been given great knowledge and understanding of the gospel. I also mentioned that the Lord expects him to apply that knowledge. The blessing also discussed how he has been given sufficient time to accomplish what Heavenly Father wants him to accomplish and become. It is very important that he makes the most of that time. I blessed him that he would be able to have strength and courage he needed to perform and his body would be healthy enough to do so. After the blessing was finished, he was in tears.

We went back two days later and I felt impressed that we should share the home teaching message of President Uchtdorf on commitment. Dan definitely got the message in the middle of the lesson and asked "Do you feel that I need more commitment?" Elder Lamb struggled to respond directly to the question and so I simply said "Yes." We sat in silence for a good five seconds and he looked up at me and said "Okay." The Spirit was very strong in that moment and we commited him to church. Dan attended and I later learned that was the first time he had been to church in two years and he loved it. He is an incredible man with great intellegence. I feel that he needed some boldness and it paid off. He expressed to me after the second lesson that he cried for an hour after I had given him the blessing and how grateful he was for it. It was definitely another sacred experience for my mission.

In my studies this past week, I read in Jacob 3:1-2. Something that particularly stuck out to me was the word "feast." My trainer taught me from the scriptures that feasting is simply more than indulging. It is a time of considerable preparation. Jacob counsels us to feast on our Heavenly Father's love with the preparation of firm minds, exceedingly faithful prayer and heeding to the console of Him. As we do so, we yield our hearts unto God and receive the blessing of purifying and sanctifying our hearts to Him (Helaman 3:35).

Pray that we find new investigators. There are people all over the place and we just need to find the "one" as you mentioned Dad. It was a good week for finding but we just need solid ones now. I feel we are due this week.

Sorry that this email is much shorter but I am running out of time. I got a letter from Cassie Tobler (complete suprise) and Jayci a few weeks ago but I wont expect anything from anyone else for two weeks.

Thank you for your wonderful email Colton. I enjoyed reading it and hope that you will continue to strengthen your testimony and keep your focus continually on your mission. I love you all!

Love,
Cameron

No comments:

Post a Comment