A Light unto England Manchester

Monday, July 18, 2011

Week 41-Manchester England-Manchester

Dear family,

Well not much has happened really since I last emailed sadly. We wont see Mark and Laura until the end of this week because they are in the south of England until Wednesday night. The ward seems strong and quite solid. We had a great tea appointment with the Diamond family yesterday. They reminded me a lot of our family with how they interacted and such so it was great to get to know them.

We went finding in Piccadilly near the Manchester University. It was totally different to me because of the mass number of people. I'm used to speaking with everyone I can see but in the situation in was nearly impossible with the amount of people. There are a lot of foreigners here. You meet a lot of people from Africa, the Middle East, and China. I actually had quite the experience with stopping a man from Mexico. His english was very limited and I was able to speak enough broken Spanish that he could understand what I was saying. I remember thinking to myself how amazed I was with some the words and terms I was able to remember. I was grateful for what the Spirit was able to give me.

I love the Chinese. They are so innocent and friendly. We actually stopped a woman whose english name was Nancy and taught her on the spot. It wasn't really a proper lesson, but we talked about the Spirit and how to recognize it. We also discussed our relationship with our Heavenly Father. She asked us what made us want to give up two years of our lives and speak to random people everyday. I then told her very simply that because we are children of our Father in Heaven, we are all brothers and sisters. I remember saying to her "Nancy, I'm your brother and you're my sister. We speak to everyone because we are all God's children and we want all of our brothers and sisters to be happy forever!" She replied in her fantastic Chinese accent "Wow! That's amazing! I have never thought of it like that before!" We have Chinese Elders that should be getting in contact with her. Unfortunately I can't teach her because we pass on all the Chinese to the Chinese Elders. She was amazing. I could feel my love for her grow throughout our conversation. I find it amazing how the Spirit can touch you in to develop Christlike love for someone in such a short amount of time. I thought and laughed at the thought after teaching her "I could have easily served in China."

It has been very cold and wet the past two days. I don't like it when it rains all day because sharing the gospel is hard because everyone is put into a rubbish mood. Elder Lamb is doing great. I'm teaching him a lot of things throughout the day and he has been very humble and teachable throughout. I've been quite impressed by how well teaches for how long he has been out. I've been trying to help him use some more personality in finding by example and I have been sharing how I do so.

Most people are transfered after about two or three. More likely three. Birkenhead and South Ribble were only two. Southport was three. So I think that this one will be at least three possibly four. I'm going to find a driving instructor within the next two days. I should be able to just start where I left off so there shouldn't be too much of a setback, if any.

Reading from Jesus the Christ recently has been very uplifting. I am grateful for the opportunity I have to read it about every other morning. The insights James E. Talmage has are simply brilliant. Through reading and feeling of the Spirit, it has helped me come to know my Savior better and how amazing the Master truly is. His ability to teach others is thought provoking and inspired. I hope and pray to do my best to apply His principles as I share the gospel with my brothers and sisters.

President Preston is definitely different than President Bullock. He is more laid back and seems to be less strict. He has a lot of love for others and he shows it. I have my first interview with him tomorrow so I will write and tell you how that all goes.

I love you all and hope you are enjoying your summer as much as I am! May the Lord continue to bless our lives immensely!

Love,
Cameron

P.S. I am looking forward to meeting Bob Davidson as well. What faith is he? The pictures I sent were from Leyland my last day. That was my favorite park called Worden Park. St. Andrew church was built in the 1550's I believe and that cross in the middle of the road is from the 11th century. Simply amazing. Also my district leader, Elder Hughes from Oklahoma serving in Blackpool

No comments:

Post a Comment