A Light unto England Manchester

Monday, December 13, 2010

Week 11: Manchester England: SouthPort

Family, Family, Family,

England is doing well and fine. I continue to adapt more and more to mission life everyday. I think I'm getting the hang of things now. It was a tough week as far as numbers go, but we will make the necessary plans to move on and be able to have more success. We both felt we worked hard but we just need to little things a bit better.

Things have are in the full Christmas swing here in England. It is
wonderful to see and feel it all around. I am really excited for
Christmas week. A lot of fun and exciting things going on! It wasn't too cold this week but it is supposed to be this week so we will see.

I'm glad you have had a fun week yourselves with Dad's talk, Christmas Carol, basketball, Colton's lip, etc. I hope you continue to have a wonderful Christmas Season. I think the Christmas Carol was my favorite tradition as well. Probably the one I miss the most.

In my study of humility this morning, I thought about the Savior and how He always showed it. He demonstrated humility before the world was. He did all that the Father asked. And after all He did, He gave all of the glory to our Father. It made me think of how we need to always heed the counsel who are over us and do what they ask.

I also loved in Alma 32:15-16 how those who are not compelled to be humble receive greater blessings than those that are. I remember when Bishop Fitzgerald said that the Lord will have a humble people. Whether we choose to be or we are compelled, in the end we will all have humility. I hope and pray that I can have the humility to continue to believe and receive knowledge through it.

I had the opportunity to give my first blessing this week. His name
is James Brown and he is a member. He still struggles with smoking and other things in his family life. He has a wife and two boys. Surprisingly, I wasn't that nervous. Everything seemed to flow so easy and peacefully through the blessing. I blessed him that he would go to the Lord in faithful prayer, scripture study that he would resist the temptations of the adversary. I also promised through faithful service that he would be a good example to his family and be able to fulfill his role as a husband and father. The Spirit was amazing. I'm so grateful for the power of the Priesthood and how it has affected my life and others. Miracles happen everyday because of it.

Lee is doing fine, just needs to understand the importance of the Word of Wisdom. We will be stressing tonight this evening with his lesson on Follow the Prophet. We are in contact with Jenny's family still but seems that it will have to be a lucky break to teach them before Christmas. Continue to pray for them.

We taught Anja this week and she is so amazing. She is in 3 Nephi
right now and has so many great questions from her scripture study. You can see she has a love for the scriptures. She is serving in Young Women's and sometimes doesn't know how she can help. I told her that she has stories and experiences that no one else has. Because she is a convert, she can reflect on life without the gospel and the blessing with it. I also expressed that she can teach them what it's like to be taught by the missionaries. I said that she could tell me what that’s like because I have no idea even though I am a missionary. She continues to see miracles in her life through faith and prayer. I love it when we teach her once a week the lessons again!

7 pm will work out fine. You can call me on Skype or from the
mobile/landline. If you want me to still get a calling card I can,
just let me know what you want me to do next week.

I haven’t seen any bidets here. I haven't honestly thought about them much, but now that you mentioned it I DO! You should get one for the new home. Continue to inform me about Colton and basketball. I will continue to pray that he gets more minutes. Keep working hard Colt! Does Kyle get a lot of playing time right now? It doesn't surprise me that he is doing well for a freshman so early right now.

I love you all and continue to pray for each of you. If there is
anything you would like me to pray for specifically please let me
know. Keep the faith and keep praying for me as well in the work.
May Heavenly Father continue to bless us in all that we do.

Love,
Cameron

P.S. I miss you too Lauren :) by the way the charger doesn’t fit my toothbrush sorry :(

No comments:

Post a Comment