A Light unto England Manchester

Monday, November 1, 2010

Week 5: Manchester Mission: Southport


Hiyah from England!

Hope you all had a good Halloween! Its not as big here as it is in the U.S.  Some English don't like it at all in fact.  But, it continues to grow each year my companion tells me. 

Hopefully your burdens and stresses have been lessened from the whole moving process as you continue to progress towards the finish line.  I hope that the ward is good and that you will be able to enjoy yourselves in Idaho Falls. 

The school situation sounds a bit surprising.  However, the more I think about it, the more Maple Mountain was almost a place of joy for me.  Standards I feel were high among most of the students and it was happy place to be.  You all know how much I loved high school.  Right you are that I was blessed so abundantly with friends and relationships with others.  I continue to ask myself the question why Heavenly Father did bless me with success in the social aspect of life.  I may never know all the answers, but my gratitude is beyond measure for it. 

To Colton, Lindsey, and Lauren:

This situation is new for you.  I don't know how you feel right now and what is going on in your mind about life, school, friends, etc.  I do know however, that there is someone who does.  He is your Savior and big brother.  Turn to him in all you do.  I know His arms are always wide open for you.  Seek him diligently in all you do.  I know that He lives and loves you.  Put your trust in Him with your burdens and griefs and you will find peace. 

I learned two wonderful teachings of the gospel in my personal study this week.  The first was in 2 Nephi 30:2.  It mentions that Heavenly Father makes no promises unless we repent and believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.  It made me think about the covenants I have made especially previous to my mission.  He has shown my so much love in all I do.  How grateful I am for Him and His Son.

 The second was in Moroni 7:19.  It says to search diligently in the light of Christ and hold on to every good thing.  All good things come from our Heavenly Father.  What came to mind as I read this was that I should do three things. (1) Take in the good things, (2) make them last, and (3) don't forget them.  I feel I need to do a better at letting what I feel or have sink into my Spirit and learn everything I can from it.

May the Lord continue to bless you in all you do.  I continue to pray for each of you daily as I know you do for me.  We are trying to still build a solid teaching pool.  A lot of our investigators lately have been one-hit-wonders.  Continue to pray that we can find solid, prepared investigators to accept the gospel.  We have worked our tails off, and I know the Lord will provide as we continue to do so.  It has been a solid week of finding and oh how I am growing to love it more each day.  Thank you for the wonderful details and insight you share.  I feel the Spirit as I read them.  Thanks for the email Lonni! I hope the Lord blesses y'all as well!  I love you all!

Love,
Elder Cameron Starr

No comments:

Post a Comment